During the reign of Sultan Ibrahim, Selangor was caught in a conflict with the Dutch who declared war on the sultanate on 13 July 1784. Melawati Fort fell to the Dutch. The Dutch renamed the fort Altinsburg after Governor Alting. After regrouping his forces, Sultan Ibrahim staged an offense to retake the fort and won a year later on 28 June 1785.
A chieftain of Suluk and bajau descent, Mat Salleh, led a serious rebellion against the British North Borneo Company administration from 1894 to 1900. His disaffection with the British arose as his traditional power base at Sugut River was effectively diminised due to the establishment of the Elopura settlement(Sandakan) and particularly with the imposition of taxes which now lay with the new administration. A massive onslaught on his fort in Tambunan resulted in his death in 1900. A monument was eracted at the site to commemorate this final battle.
Libau Rentap is a legendary Iban warrior who fought against the occupation of the White Rajah, James Brooke and Charles Brooke in Sarawak. He built and fortified his forst at Bukit Sadok where the White Rajah's advance in 1857 and 1858 was repulsed decisively by warriors who fought using traditional weapons consisting of spears, knives and blowpipes, and a famous canon known as the Bujang Timpang Berang. Libau Rentap died in 1870 of natural causes. The Libau Rentap memorial is located at Bukit Sibau in the district of Julau.
The heart-wrenching attack of communist insurgents on the Bukit Kepong police station occurred at dawn on 23 February 1950. Possessing 10 times the strength of the police force, coupled with the isolated location of the police station made the communists confident that they could easily take the station. However, they undermined the bravery and fighting spirit of the station chief, Sergeant Jamil and 18 of his men including the Police Reserves. They defended their station against the invaders for close to 5 hours. Wives of fallen policemen took up arms and fought alongside the police personnel. Reinforcements also came from nearby villagers. Frustrated by the strong resistance of the police personnel and villagers, the communists retreated but not after they set fire to the police station, barracks, and nearby buildings which killed a few family members and more policemen including Sergeant Jamil.
All items are sent via registered airmail. Shipping and handling listed below include registration fee.
Europe, America, Middle East, Africa
Singles or sets (Up to 40 grams, 3.5" x 6" envelope)
Miniature sheets (Up to 50 grams, 4.25" x 6.25" envelope)
FDC (Up to 60 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
FDC pair (Up to 100 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 130 grams, 8" x 11" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 160 grams, 9" x 12.75" envelope)
2. Life Member of Philatelic Society of Malaysia (PSM).
3. Items listed are from personal collection. They are without fault unless noted in the lot description. Although we do not practice Six Sigma, we do have quality control. Stamps will be checked again before shipment.
4. The picture posted is stock photo and it is for illustration only unless stated otherwise, so serial number, perforation etc. may differ.
5. If you're not satisfied with the product you purchased because of inaccurate description, please contact me within 3 days for an exchange or refund if there is no stock. The shipping & handling costs are not returnable.
6. If you collect covers or used stamps and want to buy mint stamps and use them on covers, it can be done. The face value of the stamps will be deducted from shipping and handling costs.