See Similar Items from this seller's store: Click Here
Online Auction Description
Malaysia 2015 S#1550-1553 Joint Issue with Thailand -- Marine Creatures complete set, in conjunction with World Oceans Day. Mint Never Hinged (MNH). Post Office fresh in excellent condition!
Topic name: joint issue, animal, marine life
This complete set features White Spotted Jellyfish (Phyllorhiza punctata), Nudibranch (Hypselodoris bullockii), Harlequin Shrimp (Hymenocera picta), and Coral Guard Crab (Trapezia areolata).
White Spotted Jellyfish (Malaysia) is easily recognized by its bell-shaped body and colouration which is usually brown with white spots. Terminal clubs are sometimes blue. The sting of this species is mild and not considered a threat to humans. Apart from consuming zooplankton, it also produces its own food with the help of symbiotic algae living in its body.
Nudibranch (Hypselodoris bullockii, Malaysia) is less common and has a dark blue to purplish blue colour with a mantle of broad, white edge.
Harlequin Shrimp (Thailand) lives in pairs in cracks and crevices of coral reefs and is permanent residents of its chosen locality. These shrimps feed on sea stars with both partners helping to subdue their prey by turning it upside-down. They eat the tube feet first to prevent escape. it may take up to 1-2 weeks to eat a single sea star.
Coral Guard Crab (Thailand) can be found living amongst branching corals, i.e. submassive corals. Although very small in size, they are very protective of their corals and tenaciously fight off Crown-of-Thorns starfishes that try to eat the corals, hence their name "coral guard crabs". They feed on coral mucus and the organic substances deposited on it.
All items are sent via registered airmail. Shipping and handling listed below include registration fee.
Europe, America, Middle East, Africa
Singles or sets (Up to 40 grams, 3.5" x 6" envelope)
Miniature sheets (Up to 50 grams, 4.25" x 6.25" envelope)
FDC (Up to 60 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
FDC pair (Up to 100 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 130 grams, 8" x 11" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 160 grams, 9" x 12.75" envelope)
2. Life Member of Philatelic Society of Malaysia (PSM).
3. Items listed are from personal collection. They are without fault unless noted in the lot description. Although we do not practice Six Sigma, we do have quality control. Stamps will be checked again before shipment.
4. The picture posted is stock photo and it is for illustration only unless stated otherwise, so serial number, perforation etc. may differ.
5. If you're not satisfied with the product you purchased because of inaccurate description, please contact me within 3 days for an exchange or refund if there is no stock. The shipping & handling costs are not returnable.
6. If you collect covers or used stamps and want to buy mint stamps and use them on covers, it can be done. The face value of the stamps will be deducted from shipping and handling costs.