See Similar Items from this seller's store: Click Here
Online Auction Description
Malaysia 2013 S#1461-1462 Living Corals unfolded setenant set. Mint Never Hinged (MNH). Post Office fresh in excellent condition!
Topic name: animal, marine life, coral, fish
This complete set features the Sea Anemone(Heteractis magnifica), Soft Coral(Sarcophyton sp), Feather Stars(Oxycomanthus bennetti), and Sea Pen(Ptilosarcus gurneyi).
The Sea Anemone has a soft, muscular, cylinder-shaped stalk with a broad, circular foot at its base. Atop the stalk is a mouth surrounded by circular rows of hollow tentacles. The tentacles, which eject poisonous stinging threads to paralyze preys, grasp small animals and sweep them into the mouth. When threatened, a Sea Anemone pulls its tentacles into its body and this makes it looks like a colorful ball.
The Sarcophyton Corals are referred to as Soft, Mushroom, Leather, Toadstool, or Trough Corals. They are found in various shades of brown, with white or gold polyps. It is difficult to identify many species because they are have similar appearance of a mushroom or toadstool.
Feather Stars have numerous feathery arms. Their mouth is located on the top of their body. They are usually active at night.
Sea Pens can look like writing pens, or they can resemble feathers, whips, or worms. A single Sea Pen is both an individual and a colony! Most Sea Pens grow to between 5cm to 2m in height.
All items are sent via registered airmail. Shipping and handling listed below include registration fee.
Europe, America, Middle East, Africa
Singles or sets (Up to 40 grams, 3.5" x 6" envelope)
Miniature sheets (Up to 50 grams, 4.25" x 6.25" envelope)
FDC (Up to 60 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
FDC pair (Up to 100 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 130 grams, 8" x 11" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 160 grams, 9" x 12.75" envelope)
2. Life Member of Philatelic Society of Malaysia (PSM).
3. Items listed are from personal collection. They are without fault unless noted in the lot description. Although we do not practice Six Sigma, we do have quality control. Stamps will be checked again before shipment.
4. The picture posted is stock photo and it is for illustration only unless stated otherwise, so serial number, perforation etc. may differ.
5. If you're not satisfied with the product you purchased because of inaccurate description, please contact me within 3 days for an exchange or refund if there is no stock. The shipping & handling costs are not returnable.
6. If you collect covers or used stamps and want to buy mint stamps and use them on covers, it can be done. The face value of the stamps will be deducted from shipping and handling costs.