See Similar Items from this seller's store: Click Here
Online Auction Description
Malaysia 2010 S#1324-1326 Lifestyle of the Aboriginal People complete set. Mint Never Hinged (MNH). Some stamps may have light dent.
Topic name: music, hunting, unusual
This complete set features the Proto Malays, the Negrito, and the Senoi.
The 60 sen stamp portrays two women of the Proto-Malay tribe playing a traditional musical instrument known as the "Ketuk Buluh" or a slotted bamboo pipe previously used to scare away birds during the harvesting season. It is nowadays mostly used as a musical instrument for community dances including weddings, the arrival of guests and so on.
A Negrito man hunting with his blowpipe adorns the 70 sen stamp. Silent and highly accurate in the hands of an expert, it fires poisoned darts and is well suited for shooting birds, monkeys and other small animals out of trees. Primarily hunter-gathers, the Negrito people subsist on the bounty of Peninsular Malaysia's abundant rainforests for food as well as shelter.
A native of the Senoi tribe is depicted on the 80 sen stamp applying his skills at woodcarving. Well known for their woodworking abilities, the Senoi most often sculpt spirit gods and effigies that are used both for worship as well as decoration. The "harimau berantai" (a mythical tiger holding a chain in its mouth) is their most popular artistic choice.
All items are sent via registered airmail. Shipping and handling listed below include registration fee.
Europe, America, Middle East, Africa
Singles or sets (Up to 40 grams, 3.5" x 6" envelope)
Miniature sheets (Up to 50 grams, 4.25" x 6.25" envelope)
FDC (Up to 60 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
FDC pair (Up to 100 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 130 grams, 8" x 11" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 160 grams, 9" x 12.75" envelope)
2. Life Member of Philatelic Society of Malaysia (PSM).
3. Items listed are from personal collection. They are without fault unless noted in the lot description. Although we do not practice Six Sigma, we do have quality control. Stamps will be checked again before shipment.
4. The picture posted is stock photo and it is for illustration only unless stated otherwise, so serial number, perforation etc. may differ.
5. If you're not satisfied with the product you purchased because of inaccurate description, please contact me within 3 days for an exchange or refund if there is no stock. The shipping & handling costs are not returnable.
6. If you collect covers or used stamps and want to buy mint stamps and use them on covers, it can be done. The face value of the stamps will be deducted from shipping and handling costs.