See Similar Items from this seller's store: Click Here
Online Auction Description
Malaysia 2010 S#1283 50th Anniversary of Malaysia-Korea Diplomatic Relations - Tigers unfolded setenant set, a joint issue with Korea. Mint Never Hinged (MNH). Post Office fresh in excellent condition!
This complete set features the Malayan Tiger (Panthera tigris jacksoni) and the Korean Tiger (Panthera tigris altaica).
The Malayan Tiger is only found in Penisular Malaysia. Together with Sumatran Tiger, The Malayan Tiger is perhaps the smallest extant subspecies of tiger. Its stripe pattern is similar to the Indochines Tiger but its size is closer to the Sumatran Tiger, with an average weight of 120kg for adult males and 100 kg for females. Male Malayan Tigers measure around 237cm in length from head to tail and the female around 200cm. They are found in the lower areas of the rain forest. They prey on sambar deer, barking deer, wild boar, and livestock. Their population is decreasing rapidly due to their main threat -- humans.
The Korean Tiger is also known as the Siberian, Amur, Manchurian, and North China Tiger. Mostly confined to low mountains, it is the biggest of the eight recent tiger subspecies and the largest living felid. It may be 4m long, including the tail, and weigh 290kg. The coat of the Korean Tiger is moderately thick, coarse, and sparse compared to that of others. The summer coat is coarse, while the winter coat is denser, longer, softer, and silkier.
All items are sent via registered airmail. Shipping and handling listed below include registration fee.
Europe, America, Middle East, Africa
Singles or sets (Up to 40 grams, 3.5" x 6" envelope)
Miniature sheets (Up to 50 grams, 4.25" x 6.25" envelope)
FDC (Up to 60 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
FDC pair (Up to 100 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 130 grams, 8" x 11" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 160 grams, 9" x 12.75" envelope)
2. Life Member of Philatelic Society of Malaysia (PSM).
3. Items listed are from personal collection. They are without fault unless noted in the lot description. Although we do not practice Six Sigma, we do have quality control. Stamps will be checked again before shipment.
4. The picture posted is stock photo and it is for illustration only unless stated otherwise, so serial number, perforation etc. may differ.
5. If you're not satisfied with the product you purchased because of inaccurate description, please contact me within 3 days for an exchange or refund if there is no stock. The shipping & handling costs are not returnable.
6. If you collect covers or used stamps and want to buy mint stamps and use them on covers, it can be done. The face value of the stamps will be deducted from shipping and handling costs.