See Similar Items from this seller's store: Click Here
Online Auction Description
Malaysia 2009 S#1256 Tuber Plants miniature sheet. Mint Never Hinged (MNH). Post Office fresh in excellent condition! Stamps are unwatermarked but have security feature that can be detected under ultra-violet light.
Topic name: plants, food
This miniature sheet features Taro or Colocasia esculenta. Colocasia esculenta is a tropical plant grown primarily for its edible corm, a root vegetable known as taro or cocoyam. It is believed to be one of the earliest cultivated plants. Its primary use, however, is the consumption of its edible corm and leaves. In its raw state, the plant is toxic due to the presence of calcium oxalate and the presence of needle-shaped raphides in the plant cells which can cause irritation to the mouth and tongue/ However, the toxin can be destroyed and the tuber rendered palatable by cooking or by steeping in cold water overnight.
All items are sent via registered airmail. Shipping and handling listed below include registration fee.
Europe, America, Middle East, Africa
Singles or sets (Up to 40 grams, 3.5" x 6" envelope)
Miniature sheets (Up to 50 grams, 4.25" x 6.25" envelope)
FDC (Up to 60 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
FDC pair (Up to 100 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 130 grams, 8" x 11" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 160 grams, 9" x 12.75" envelope)
2. Life Member of Philatelic Society of Malaysia (PSM).
3. Items listed are from personal collection. They are without fault unless noted in the lot description. Although we do not practice Six Sigma, we do have quality control. Stamps will be checked again before shipment.
4. The picture posted is stock photo and it is for illustration only unless stated otherwise, so serial number, perforation etc. may differ.
5. If you're not satisfied with the product you purchased because of inaccurate description, please contact me within 3 days for an exchange or refund if there is no stock. The shipping & handling costs are not returnable.
6. If you collect covers or used stamps and want to buy mint stamps and use them on covers, it can be done. The face value of the stamps will be deducted from shipping and handling costs.