See Similar Items from this seller's store: Click Here
Online Auction Description
Malaysia 2009 S#1240 World Heritage Sites miniature sheet. Mint Never Hinged (MNH). Post Office fresh in excellent condition!
Topic name: geography, UNESCO World Heritage Site, mountain
A UNESCO World Heritage Site is a specific site that has been nominated and confirmed for inclusion on the list maintained by the International World Heritage Program administered by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee. This complete set features Malacca, George town, Mulu National Park, and Kinabalu Park.
Malacca and George town are historic cosmopolitan in the Straits of Malacca, which for more than 500 years saw the unique blending of Portuguese, Dutch, Arab, Chinese, Indian and English cultures with the local indigenous Malay culture, manifested in architectural forms and styles as well as intangible culture. the different cultural groups and traditions has helped to enrich the beautiful traditions and customs of these historic trading cities.
Mulu National Park, named after Mount Mulu, the second highest mountain in Sarawak is famous for its combination of alluvial clays, impressive canyon, spectacular sandstone and limestone formations, untamed rivers, serene rain forest rich in astonishing numbers of plants and animal species, imposing mountains rank among the world's most outstanding scenery and further add to the variety and specialisation of the park's biology. Within Mulu National Park is Sarawak Chamber which is the world's largest natural underground chamber, Deer Cave which has the largest known cave passage in the world housing a staggering two million bats, the Pinnacles of Gunung Api which are up to 45 meters tall forms one of the world's most spectacular limestone landscape and Clearwater Cave, which exposes part of a long underground river going through the park.
Kinabalu Park, named after Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in South East Asia, is blessed with an astonishing variety of flora and fauna that ranges over 4 climate zones. The mountain is famous for its many carnivorous plants, mammals, orchid species and birds.
All items are sent via registered airmail. Shipping and handling listed below include registration fee.
Europe, America, Middle East, Africa
Singles or sets (Up to 40 grams, 3.5" x 6" envelope)
Miniature sheets (Up to 50 grams, 4.25" x 6.25" envelope)
FDC (Up to 60 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
FDC pair (Up to 100 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 130 grams, 8" x 11" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 160 grams, 9" x 12.75" envelope)
2. Life Member of Philatelic Society of Malaysia (PSM).
3. Items listed are from personal collection. They are without fault unless noted in the lot description. Although we do not practice Six Sigma, we do have quality control. Stamps will be checked again before shipment.
4. The picture posted is stock photo and it is for illustration only unless stated otherwise, so serial number, perforation etc. may differ.
5. If you're not satisfied with the product you purchased because of inaccurate description, please contact me within 3 days for an exchange or refund if there is no stock. The shipping & handling costs are not returnable.
6. If you collect covers or used stamps and want to buy mint stamps and use them on covers, it can be done. The face value of the stamps will be deducted from shipping and handling costs.