See Similar Items from this seller's store: Click Here
Online Auction Description
Malaysia 2008 S#1193a-b, 1195A-C Butterflies complete booklet. Mint Never Hinged (MNH). Post Office fresh in excellent condition!
This complete booklet stamps features Smaller Wood Nymph (Ideopsis gaura perakana), Malayan Lacewing (Cethosia hypsea hypsina), Common Rose (Atrophaneura aristolochiae), Green Dragontail (Lamproptera meges), and Blue Glassy Tiger (Ideopsis vulgaris)
Smaller Wood Nymph is more commonly found in forested hills and less seen on the plains. It has an attractive wing pattern of dark markings over a light wing base. Males are darker in colour than females and have narrower wings.
Males of Malayan lacewing have a pinkish bloom on the orange area of the upperside of the wing and females are more yellow in colour. Eggs are laid, many at a time and the emerging young larvae are wine-red coloured.
Seen in the lowland forests throughout Malaysia, Common Rose is distasteful to most insectivorous birds and exhibits warning colours. Their larvae have thick fleshy tubercles and is grayish red in colour.
With is wings beating rapidly and its long drooping tail, Green dragontail books like a dragonfly in flight. Coupled with partly-transparent wings, this species is unlike almost all other butterflies. It is considered vulnerable and in need of protection in Peninsular Malaysia.
Blue Glassy Tiger is common in scrubland and the fringes of forests. It is also found in coastal mangrove areas. Due to certain plants that it feeds on, this species is known to be distasteful to birds.
All items are sent via registered airmail. Shipping and handling listed below include registration fee.
Europe, America, Middle East, Africa
Singles or sets (Up to 40 grams, 3.5" x 6" envelope)
Miniature sheets (Up to 50 grams, 4.25" x 6.25" envelope)
FDC (Up to 60 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
FDC pair (Up to 100 grams, 5" x 10" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 130 grams, 8" x 11" envelope)
Full sheets (Up to 160 grams, 9" x 12.75" envelope)
2. Life Member of Philatelic Society of Malaysia (PSM).
3. Items listed are from personal collection. They are without fault unless noted in the lot description. Although we do not practice Six Sigma, we do have quality control. Stamps will be checked again before shipment.
4. The picture posted is stock photo and it is for illustration only unless stated otherwise, so serial number, perforation etc. may differ.
5. If you're not satisfied with the product you purchased because of inaccurate description, please contact me within 3 days for an exchange or refund if there is no stock. The shipping & handling costs are not returnable.
6. If you collect covers or used stamps and want to buy mint stamps and use them on covers, it can be done. The face value of the stamps will be deducted from shipping and handling costs.